Sunshine, Lollipops and Rainbows...

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them."
Henri Matisse

(Note to reader: I'm not in love, okay, I'm just happy. And sunshine and lollipops and rainbows are happy, okayyy? Don't get your panties in a ruffle now. ;))

I am pretty sure that I am the luckiest, happiest, and most blessed person in the world.

Seriously.

I've been pondering this idea lately, and I am pretty sure I have come to the conclusion that it is true. Of course bad things are going to happen here and there, but my statement remains true. I don't mean to sound like Rainbow Rachel or Sunshine Suzy, or discount the fact that there is suffering in the world, but I truly feel so blessed.  I don't think I could feel any happier than I do right now. Life is just extraordinary. Look around you; there is beauty to be seen everywhere.. There are blessings to be seen everywhere. There are lessons to be learned and experiences to have, everywhere, everyday. And I am loving every moment. Even this 10 page paper I need to crank out right now. Oh yeah, babay.

Today was just too much fun: I had my Nutrition class where we learned about nutritional requirements during pregnancy and for newborns; I had my Medals Exam for my ballroom dance class (which you seriously need to take, by the way) which was super great and just so exciting, and then my folk dance class where we pretty much just jump and pretend we're from different countries for an hour. (Okay, folks, I swear I have real classes, they're just on the other days of the week...Okay....Sheeesh! ;) )

But classes aren't what makes me so joyful inside! Circumstances don't determine happiness, but attitude does! And this special little thing I refer to as the gospel. Material things, superficiality, and the my environment can never determine my happiness, but what I know and feel and how I choose to act and think will. It's about finding joy in the journey. And I am grateful everyday that I am learning that now, as well as so many other wonderful things that a single blog post could never cover. It'd be impossible, impossible I tell ya!

I'm so grateful to be where I am at this point in my life. So grateful. Another one of those things that words could never fully express.

Well, now that I've blabbed my fair share for the day (TWO whole blog posts in ONE day?! What is this, Christmas?!)...I'd better get back to my sweetheart of an essay. And can't forget Debussy. That music class....oh, it's just wonderful! <3

besos y abrazos,

emily

P.S.: 17 days 'til take-off! And then I'll be homeeee! Weeeeeeeeeee!

Comments

Popular Posts