Sardines.

I feel like a Sardine. A warm, cozy, Christmas sardine. Mmmmm.

I'm sitting in the overly-packed library, in a comfy leather seat next to a pretty little (*more like 10-feet-tall and ginormous*) Christmas tree, enjoying and dreading the billion assignments that still sit incomplete. But, in less than two weeks, they'll all be complete and I'll be on a plane home to my beautifully ghetto home, Escondido. There's always a light at the end of the tunnel, somewhere. And this Christmas tree sure helps to ease my worries. And, the ground is white. It may only be scattered snow, but the ground is whiteAhhhhh.

This past weekend has been full of friends and fun, and void of homework and studying. I know that I should have thrown some work in, but sometimes it's nice to take a little break. On Friday night, I went and saw "Christmas Around the World," a production by the BYU Folk Dance Teams. I had to go for class, but my good friend Tori blessed me with her presence. When we first sat down we weren't sure how enjoyable the program would be, only because I had heard very mixed reviews. When the show began, the dancers walked in on all sides, carrying candles and singing. The first dance was not my favorite, but after that, we were blown away. It was FANTASTIC!
I'm still raving. The second dance was an Irish Dance; fog poured onto the stage, as if they were dancing amidst the clouds. The lights were low and the peaceful, rolling hills of Ireland slept in the background. It was so beautiful, and I am officially a total fangirl. Every dance was so fun, especially the "drunken" (alcohol at BYU? Yeah right.) dancers who balanced bottles on their heads. Wowzas. Next semester, I'm trying out! Yee haw!

Later that night, I barely made it to "Freeze Fest," a super fun activity held by BYU/SA at Seven Peaks, just down the street from the university. I was going to ride my bike or take the bus, but my amazing roommate offered to drive me. Thank goodness, I think my chin would have fallen off in the cold! I was one stinking dollar short when I got there (long story!) so I started walking home. How fun is that? Oh my gosh, I know! However, another amazing roommate (and her loverboy) saved my behind again and picked me up, right before another friend called and offered to lend me the $1. She was already inside Seven Peaks, and once I finally got in, it was a total blast! I love ice skating, *love love love it*, so I was totally content. And of course, great company always makes everything better. She is a new friend who I met in my lovely Ballroom class. She is such a sweetheart, so kind!

Did I mention my bed? Nope? Well, it collapsed. I layed down to take a nap and the next thing I knew, I was falling. It didn't just fall either, but the metal snapped. I've heard of the freshman 15, but come on now. I'm not that much of a heifer. Welcome to ghetto Tingey Hall, my home away from home. Random break from the story, but that's kind of how I felt. Random and bizarre-o is right!


Yeah, my room's messy. So what. ;)

Oh yes, Saturday. It was filled with more dancing (Ballroom this time), and a trip to Salt Lake. We saw the basketball game, BYU vs. Oregon, where BYU won. Of course. Take that, Oregon! After the game we went to Temple Square and froze to death saw the beautiful lights. I felt like I was in a movie, surrounded by such gorgeous lights. If it had snowed, I would have sworn they were filming. Yum. :)

That was my weekend. It was fab-u-lous. I can't wait to get home and be able to celebrate Christmas even more. It's a little difficult to emerse yourself in Christmas when you're stuffed in a library of sardines, but that's why I sit next to the tree!

besos y abrazos,

emily

Comments

Popular Posts