Missionary Work and The Atonement




I'm so grateful that my call didn't come today.

I know what you're thinking....WHAT?!?!?

Well, I am. I am so so grateful. With all of the anticipation and stress of waiting for the call, my true reason for serving was pushed towards the back of my mind. And that reason is to teach others of the beauty of Christ's Atonement, and to teach them how to make their way back to our Heavenly Father. Somewhere, in the midst of the waiting and the stress of school and work and life in general, I forgot to remember and treasure my very reason for serving. Then, tonight, I stumbled across this beautiful video, reminding me of what truly matters most in this life. It was a humbling experience, to be chastised for not remembering always, and to be reminded of my purpose so that I will be in the proper frame of mind once the day finally comes. All confusion and sadness was replaced with love and gratitude, because I was able to forget my selfish desires and replace them with a desire to follow God's will for me.

I am so grateful that my call did not come today, so that I can treasure the experience even more so once it comes. I'm so grateful that the Lord is in charge and that He knows what is best for me. I am so grateful that He loves me enough to make me wait, so that I could be reminded.

When the times finally comes for me to open my call to serve as a missionary of Jesus Christ, a full-time representative of Him, I know that I will remember why I chose to serve, and it will allow the experience to be all the sweeter. When we have a willing, grateful heart and mind, the Lord will bless us all, this I know.

Comments

Popular Posts