fear and choices

"It was scary, but every good things starts off a little scary, doesn't it?" - Warm Bodies

I really love this quote. Didn't think I'd find inspiration in a zombie movie, but hey, it can happen. ;) Good things can be found EVERYWHERE! I believe it :)
I've found that, in my life, the BEST things--the experiences that I cherish the most--started out incredibly scary. I always tend to underestimate my capacity to succeed, so I sometimes find myself scared to go out on a limb. For example, working as a CNA. I was shakin' in my boots for the first few weeks, but now it is one of the biggest blessings in my life ever, and has provided invaluable experiences. Before I started TAing for Anatomy, I thought I could never succeed, but again, it has turned out to be such a cherished experience for me, helping students succeed in ways they thought impossible. Between 8th grade and freshman year of high school, I didn't plan on running cross country competitively because I didn't think I could succeed, but an awesome friend convinced me to go for it. Thank goodness for cherished friends, because her support propelled me to get involved in the activity that changed my life from day 1, and hasn't stopped since. Sure, there are some scary things that I've done that didn't turn out so great, but good and bad must often coexist. And thank goodness for the bad, because without it, I could never cherish the good so genuinely.

I could go on and on, but I'll stop here.  Don't be afraid to try something new, to do something different. There is a WORLD of new experiences and opportunities just waiting to be discovered, and entire WORLD full of different people and different cultures and ideas and foods and experiences. Dance a little crazy, sing way off key, try a new food, visit a remote location. . . for goodness sake, dare to do something different! Seriously, who cares what everyone else thinks.

Go for it!!! :)


PS. . . .I wrote this post a month ago. Funny how things turn out. . . post to come ;)

Comments

Popular Posts