Abandoning nets.

Still in awe over how incredible the Utah Half Ironman was! I am terrified for this next step in life (serving a mission) and so sad to leave behind all of the progress I have made as a triathlete in this past year. But I do not believe it is coincidence that I need to serve now; it is my own personal test of faith, similar to when Christ commanded His apostles--successful fishermen--to leave their nets and instead follow him wholeheartedly.
I believe God asks all of us to abandon our own personal nets at different points in our lives and instead follow Him. It feels difficult now but I am so grateful for the opportunity that I will soon have to share the one thing that brings deep, lasting joy ami

dst the trials of life: the message of Jesus Christ.
Matthew 4:18-22


Comments

Popular Posts