A Season for all things

"For a long time, the idea of marriage terrified me. For reasons I won't talk about now.

As I have been studying temples and the gospel more seriously, these fears have subsided, and have instead been replaced with excitement and joy. I am so excited for the day that I will be sealed to my sweetheart in the House of the Lord, to be married not only for this life but for the life to come. I cannot wait for the day when I am sealed to him, so that I can not only gain an eternal partner to tackle life with but also to fulfill the commandment that God has given me. I am patient for the day, because I want to make those covenants with God and my spouse only when I am sufficiently prepared to do so. I want to marry the right person, at the right time, by the right authority. All things have a time and season, and I look forward to this season in my life by preparing now."

It's cute to look back on this. I wrote this almost 3 years ago, and just 3 months ago I did finally marry my cutie in the temple. ;)



Comments

Popular Posts