Let Us Remember.

I believe that I lived before I came to this Earth. I believe that I was sent here to gain a body, to prove my faith in God and my willingness to act on it. I believe that I was sent here from a home in Heaven to learn and grow in ways that are only possible in this life, on this earth, with a physical body. I believe I was sent to this Earth to make and keep sacred covenants, to promise to follow God's will, to live an imperfect life but to grow because of my imperfect decisions. I believe that I will live again after I die, and I believe that I can be reunited with my family if we are sealed in the Temple, the House of God. I believe that God, my Heavenly Father, sent His son, Jesus Christ, to provide an example of how I should strive to live. He sent His son to pay the price for my sins, a daunting task that only a perfect being such as Christ could accomplish. I believe that, on this night, thousands of years ago, my Savior did just that.

Tonight, over 2,000 years ago, Jesus Christ suffered and bled for my sins, and for yours. For all of mankind. He experienced every pain and heartbreak that every person would ever feel. He began the most important experience to ever occur in the history of the world, the most important experience that will ever occur. He began to fulfill what we know as the Atonement.



I cannot fathom the extent of His pain. Neither can I fathom the extent of His love. But on this night that I feel so completely alone, my gratitude for my Savior and His sacrifices is even more profound. It fills my soul to the very brim, a feeling that I have been experiencing more often these past months. Words can never do His sacrifice justice. Words can never express the extent of my love and gratitude for Him. He is my Rock, my Redeemer, my Salvation. Without Him, I am nothing.


I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He lived, I know that He Atoned for my sins, and I know that He was resurrected and that He lives this very day. I know that He is my brother, and that He will never leave me. I know that He can provide comfort and peace when the whole world seems to be at war. I know that He truly loves every person who will ever live, and that He treats all with pure, unbiased respect.I strive to see others through His eyes, and even though I fail daily, I know that He still loves and supports me. For that, among so many other reasons, I love Him.

Because of Him, I know that I can be forgiven of my sins. Because of Him, I know that I can experience peace and joy despite trials and heartache. Because of Him, I know that I can live today, and that I can live again.


I understand that others have different beliefs regarding this period of time in Christ's life. I respect those differing beliefs, as I hope you will respect mine. They mean the world to me; without them, I would cease to live. Instead of finding fault, let us unite together in our common love for this Man, this Perfect being who lived and died for us all. Let us be knit together as one in complete gratitude for our Savior, the Savior of us all. Let us remember His love for us all, and act on that love despite our differences. After all, it is what He would have us do.

I hope that I can be more like my Savior. I strive everyday to be more like Him. I am far from perfect, but I am trying. He is my courage in the midst of fear, my solace in the midst of pain; He is my very best friend, and I love Him with all of my heart. I give my life to Him, as best I can, for He gave His to me.


"For Behold, I... have suffered these things for all that they might not suffer...even as I."
- D&C 19:16-17

To my Savior, thank you.

Comments

  1. Emily, thank you so much for sharing your amazing testimony. This post really touched me and I hope you know how amazing you are and how much I look up to you. Thank you for your light and your example!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts