Friends of Synthesis.

I just got back from the craziest, most random concert that I have ever been too. And by crazy I don't mean never-ending alcohol and crowd surfing...

It was BYU Jazz Synthesis, the best Jazz band that BYU has to offer. The program was called "Synthesis and Friends", but I've changed the name to "Friends of Synthesis" because most of the program featured other groups besides the Synthesis Band.

It was crazy. It was random. It was totally unexpected. And it was fabulous!

After five songs by Synthesis, my favorite Youth Latin couple came and danced the Jive (swoon). Then two Native American Singers joined us, along with BYU Philharmonic. And then the back-up singers for Living Legends. And then of all people, Alex Boye came waltzing in singing and dancing like a robot. Literally. He put on a wig, put some soul in his performance, and then threw his wig to the crowd, only to ask for it back because it belonged to his mother. If it couldn't get any more random, his African Group of singers and dancers came hopping in wearing nothing but skirts. They screamed, they danced, they sang...It was crazy, and flippin' sweet, man.


He ended with some Stevie Wonder, but not before he sang this song live......


Yeah. Three hours well spent, if I do say so myself.

Flippin' sweet, man. That's all I can say.


(and thank you Tori for inviting me :))



Oh, and MAN I love Africa. 

Comments

Popular Posts