Miracles Happen! And some people are really nice.

Today, I went for a little run. I was running to work because I had to turn in some TB test paperwork. I was bookin' it down the big hill south of campus with my ipod blaring, feeling pretty great. After some time, I started hearing some really loud thumps behind me, like someone was stampeding behind me in huge snow boots. I was a little weirded out at first, not gonna lie. The mysterious clunking continued for quite some time, until I reached the bottom of the hill and a man dramatically ran up to me. I realized quickly that this man was the cause of the clunking, and I was very confused as to why he had been frantically chasing me down such a long hill. Out of breath, he heaved, "A lady said you dropped this," holding up the document I desperately needed to turn into work within the hour.

I wish I had a picture of my face when he held up that paper, because I'm pretty sure it would have looked something like this:


SHOCKED.

That's an understatement. I think I stared at him in disbelief for what seemed like minutes. Hand on heart, mouth gaping, eyes wide in astonishment. He had chased me down a steep, slippery hill to give me what looked like, and to most would be, a worthless piece of overly-folded paper.  I was pretty much speechless. He explained that the lady who initially saw it fall from my pocket had been running, but couldn't chase after me (I was seriously bookin' it) so he, the kind generous soul he is, offered to deliver it instead. And that is when the snow-show, stampede began, because he volunteered to risk life and limb to bring me a dumb little piece of paper. To me, though, it meant the world. Had I lost that paper tonight, I would have showed up at work with no paperwork after running all that way, and probably would have spent many hours searching for it in the cold, dark night, only to have to have another TB test done (this was already my second one in 2 months). I could have kissed him (not really) I was so grateful, but man, I still can't believe it.

People are good, and nice. I believe it.

Comments

Popular Posts