Contemplation.

I've been thinking a lot about who I am lately, about the deepest parts of my character, my desires, my soul.

I've been thinking a lot lately, about what I want to do with my life. About who I want to be. About what I want to do. About how I can make a difference in the world.

I've been thinking about how we have this o n e life, with this o n e chance to do something amazing. We have been given a beautiful opportunity to go about changing the world for good, and I want to make the most of it.

I've been thinking a lot lately. A lot.

Who am I to be? Where am I to go? What does God need me specifically to do?

I think of this quote, and it inspires me to follow my dreams, to follow my heart...to have faith that God has a plan for me and will guide me every step of the way.

“I believe we have all been created for greater things than we cannot comprehend. The times call for great things, but great things in the noblest and most redemptive sense are predicated upon tolerance, love, respect, understanding, dignity, prayer, God.”-Jeffrey R. Holland

I know that I have a work to do. I know that God is preparing me each and every day; He is helping me to grow, to become sufficiently humble, to see His hand in my life...to fully rely on Him.

I know that I want to make a difference. I can feel it in my heart. In my bones. I know that there is something out there that I need to do and, with patience, I know that God will lead me to that place. There is something for all of us to do, something amazing. Something that we may not see, but something that God knows. We see ourselves as we are today, but God sees us as what we can become. It doesn't matter what someone else says. It doesn't matter if they don't believe in you. What matters is that you believe in yourself, and know that God does, too. With Him, I can do all things.

Life may seem difficult, and it is. It may seem like people are against you, and maybe some are. It may seem like you can never accomplish what your heart desires. But never give up. Never settle. I know that it will be worth it in the end. Be excellent.
"This is the great day of decision for each of us. For many it is the time of beginning something that will go on as long as you live. I plead with you: don't be a srub! Rise to the high ground of spiritual, mental, and physical excellence. You can do it. You may not be a genius. You may be lacking in some skills. But so many of us can do better than we are now doing. ... We are people with a present and a future. Don't muff your opportunities. Be excellent." - Gordon B. Hinckley
What will you do? 

Comments

Popular Posts