Ouch.

I'm pretty sure I've never done worse on a test as the one I just took now....Good thing I only studied for like 15 hours, no biggie.

Ha.

I was thinking that if I just barely pass the class that I'll be happy, but I really won't. Something's gotta change, because I can't fail. I can't. I'm always reminded of the quote:
"Don't be a scrub! Rise to the high ground of excellence. You can do it. You may not be a genius. You may be lacking in some skills. But you can do better than you are now doing. ... You are people with a present and with a future. Don't muff the ball. Be excellent. ... All of us cannot be geniuses, but we can strive for excellence. This quest may be a long one. It may be fraught with much of repentance, and it will take much of effort. Do not sell yourselves short. You are sons and daughters of God, children with a divine potential. "Look to God and live" (Alma 37:47). ... If there has been failure in the past, if there has been sin, if there has been indolence, they may all be overcome."
-Gordon B. Hinckley  
It is so true. This crazy world makes it seem like hard work is a thing of that past, that mediocrity and apathy are acceptable. It reminds me of General Conference this past Sunday, when Elder Bennett talked about the little girl that wanted to play all night and eat ice cream for dinner. (I must confess, I do stay up for most of the night...and I may have eaten ice cream for lunch once..) We have to work hard, or else there will always be consequences. And sometimes when we do put the work in and still fall short...well, that's life. Sometimes things don't go the way we plan so that better things can fall into place; in my case, it's a call to action that I need to step it up even more. I'm going to have to try just a little harder. Even when it feels impossible, even when I feel like I can't do any better, I know that I have to have the faith that God will provide a way if I choose to do my beset. When I fall short, I know that He makes up the difference.

Even though today did not go as swell as I had hoped, there's no reason for me to complain. There's never a reason to frown, for when we do, that moment is gone forever. You know that cheesy saying, "Every moment spent in saddness is a moment of happiness gone forever"? Well, it's true. ;) I opened a little chocolate today with the words, "Love Every Moment" written inside on the foil. It made me laugh because I needed that reminder amidst the whining inside my head, and I knew it. It's pretty great how God works in our lives. I just knew that He loved chocolates, too. ;)

In Anthropology we watched this video (shown below). I love it because I can really apply it to my life right now, not just the assignment we were given. It's a wonderful message, and inspired me to not give up, to maintain an eternal perspective, and to try to be my best with what I have been given.

 
Just one more reason why I love BYU: We watch movies like these. ;)


And this last one is because, once again in Anthropology, my friend said something and it reminded me of this beautiful song. So of course I started singing. And hey, it just so happens to relate to my feelings right now. Funny how things work like that, huh? Hmmm......:)


 

Awwwwwwwww. ;)
On a sillier note....the moutains outside are WHITE. What the heck. What is this place?!?!
I could have sworn it's only October....

love,
emily

Comments

Popular Posts