the coolest, times two.

{it's the coolest, times two because the first coolest has already been 'published' here...}

first week of school, and it's already thursday! I have no idea where the time flies. Everyday feels like multiple days crammed into one, but I love it!! There will be afternoons where I am trying to remember what I've done that day, and I can't remember because the morning feels like it was en entirely different day. I don't know if that makes sense....but time is flying by so quickly.

i just wanted to write about my schedule, because i don't know how i got so blessed to have all of the classes and opportunities that i have.

first up, physiology.
it was added very last minute {i.e., ten minutes before the classes started}, but after trying to rearrange my schedule so that classes didn't overlap, i turned to my future nursing courses for help. and i am soo glad that i did, because i really believe that i am going to love this course. my teacher is really funny and passionate about what he does! side note....he introduced the mole yesterday. the first slide was of the Talpidae. and then of the Melanocyte nevus....all moles, of course. ;) On the last one, my Anatomy nerd heart definitely skipped a beat...;) anyways, i really like physiology and am soooooper excited.

next, chemistry 285.
while i'll admit, chemistry is not my forte, i'm kind of excited for it this semester! we have a study group rearing to go, my teacher just got back from Uganda...I mean, how much better can it get?! The subject is tough for me, but it'll be a good challenge and I'm excited to have a professor with as much energy and life and Dr. Nielson.

Joseph Smith and Restoration, 1805-1845.
so far, i haven't even been to class, i've only done one reading, but i am really enjoying the subject thus far. it's been so interesting to read how Joseph Smith restored the true church to the earth at the perfect time. many religious leaders paved the way through religious reform in the decades previous, and the United States was establish as a land of religious freedom. I truly believe that God was preparing the World for the restoration of Christ's gospel to the earth, at a time where it could come and flourish. I'm so excited for this class. i love it already.

ahora, my Anatomy TA position...
i do receive credit for this, and i am so grateful for the opportunity that i have to do it. i love attending lecture and learning from new professors. i love helping the students understand and succeed. I love teaching them about God's most treasured creation, the human body. we are so blessed to have our bodies, because they are truly phenomenal. i love inspiring a love of the human body in my students, and encouraging reverence and respect for our sacred bodies. yesterday was my first day of reviews, and it was so fun to see students come in, obviously stressed about the work load, and helping them feel more confident and comfortable with the material and class in general. if i can help someone feel happier and less stressed, while increasing their love of the human body, then i am livin' the life. i just love every part of it!!!

nursing 180.
this is a block class, so it doesn't start until october, but i can't wait until it does! :D

last but not least, human dissection.
i am so excited and horrified and ecstatic and mortified about taking this class. i am sooo grateful for the opportunity. i truly believe that for me, it is a once in a lifetime sorta deal. i feel so blessed and excited about it, but part of my heart sinks when i think about going in and dissecting a human being. i think it's because i feel emotionally attached to pretty much every human ever (i know, seriously weird, but it is what it is..), and because i have a super visual mind. i am so excited to take this class and i cannot wait for it to begin tonight, but i am seriously scared. and excited. and completely nervous.

i'm also currently signed up for pilates, ballroom dancing, intro to health careers, intermediate swimming, and islam and the gospel. buuut, i think they all have to go. :( i think that would be a bit obsessive. i'm so sad :( 

i guess we'll see what happens! i am so excited for this semester, and all that it will bring.

woooohooooo!

**shout out to my roommates, who i really love. they are the bomb.com**

Comments

Popular Posts