Agridulce

It's the one word I actually remember from Spanish III.

And it sure is coming in handy these days.

Agridulce. It means Bittersweet.

As I move on in my life, into a new era of choices and freedom, I am reminded of all that I must leave behind for a little while. All that has been who I am. And all those that have filled my life with joy. Those special people that have given me love, laughter, and peace. I am reminded of the precious gift we have called agency: the freedom to act as we see fit in every aspect of our lives as we embark on our journeys through time.

But as I move on, I am also reminded of all that can be, and all that someday will be. I am reminded of my potential, and the fact that if I truly remain dedicated and focused on those goals in my life that are constant and never changing, I will find eternal happiness. I am reminded that we all can do more than we ever imagined, we all can do more than we think possible; I am reminded that through Christ, I can do all things.

These next few months and years are going to be crazy, to say the very least. I'm sure they will be filled with sorrow, with heartbreak, with laughter and love and joy. I am sure they will be popping at the seams, spilling over at times and driving me absolutely bonkers. But I also know that they will be a time for growth, a time for friendship and love and late nights laughing. Truly, a time for  me to reach inside myself towards that person I know I am someday capable of becoming.

Yes, it is quite bitter. I already miss my loved ones more than I thought possible. I miss their smiles, their laughs, their silly jokes, and yes, their singing. I miss their warm embraces, and their gentle touch. I miss their voices, their faces, everything about them that I took for granted. Above all, I miss their presence. To be with them will be a grand reunion, but until then, I will hold onto our sweet memories and wonderful times together.
They will always hold a special place within my heart.

And yes, it is quite sweet. Very sweet indeed. I am loving every moment, and am blown away every single day at how very blessed I am. How very blessed indeed. But that is for another post...

You can't always tell a sunset from a sunrise simply by how it looks in a photo. As is with life, sometimes what seems like the end is truly a new beginning. All we can do is enjoy the journey. <3

Until then,
With all my love,
Emily

:)

Comments

Popular Posts