Hard Work

I don't even know these girls, but I cannot WAIT to run w/ them!
  Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.

I love running, as you know, and have been training this past summer to go run with BYU in the Fall. At first I was terrified and lacking on motivation a little, only because I didn't really believe I could do it. However, as the time draws nearer and nearer, I am so excited that I can barely hold it in. It's week two of my workouts on the track as I prepare to tryout for the team in a mere 27 days. I've been receiving lots of information in the mail about running with them, so I can't help but think I am already on the team, but we all have to do the workout on the first day so I am going to be ready and prepared...If ye are prepared ye shall not fear! Oh yes. :) No slacking over here! I was doing the workout this morning, and I just wasn't feeling it. So, I left a tad disappointed, I must admit. I was so excited because I really thought I would be able to complete the workout fully today, but it looks like I have a bit more work to put in. It is great having this goal in mind, however, and it gives me something to keep in mind each and everyday as I prepare to make this big step that I have been looking forward to for the past 4 years. I can't believe how time sneaks us on us like that, but I am so grateful that the time has come! Just a few more weeks and the day will be here...Oh how I cannot wait! :) Gotta keep the mileage up and keep throwing in a little speed, and I have faith that everything will work out how God knows best. I've had a trying past 2 years with running and my body, and I truly feel that I still have so much potential in my tank. I feel like I can accomplish so much more, I just can't seem to reach it yet. Let's keep working hard, have faith, and only time will tell! It really is such an exciting time in life! Life is just plain exciting sometimes, dontcha think?!? :)
To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.-Pre
“The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.”
I've taken running for granted soo much in the past, and I have learned so much these past years. I know I take so much for granted each and every day, but running will not be one of those things. I have learned more about myself and have had my testimony strengthened so much because of my trials associated with running. I am so blessed to have leanred what I have and for all of the opportunities that I have had because I chose to run. I am so blessed to be in the situation that I am, and I am going to make the best of  every minute. I can't wait for all the hard work ahead of me, because I know it is going to shape me into the person that I want to become. I don't mean the runner that I want to become, but the individual daughter of God that I know I can be someday if I work hard and live true to what I know. Through every experience, no matter what it is, we are slowly reaching our ultimate potential in life. So when life gets you down, just remember what you are becoming, and the success you will one day reach. It may be diffcult now, but it will get better and you will come out of it so much stronger than you ever could have been without that trial. I've experienced it firsthand, so never ever give up! Just keep pushing forward! YOU CAN DO IT! :)
Took this picture 1year ago w/ the hope & faith it could come true.

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.

 
“A man can be as great as he wants to be. If you believe in yourself and have the courage, the determination, the dedication, the competitive drive and if you are willing to sacrifice the little things in life and pay the price for the things that are worthwhile, it can be done.”
We all have such amazing potential....find what you love and chase after it! Believe in yourself, believe in what you can do, believe in what you love and have the faith that anything is possible. It really is!

keep on smiling!
emily

Comments

Popular Posts