Adaptive Aquatics

If I had a camera, I would post really good-looking pictures of me looking like a drowning cat, but I don't (phew) so I'll just have to write about it....darn.
Anyways!! I joined a club here on campus called "Adaptive Aquatics"! And I love it! We get 45 minutes on Thursdays and Fridays at 11 to swim with little children from all over the area. The children are disabled in some way, but you would never guess. They are the happiest, cutest (well, besides my nieces and nephews back home!) little boogers and they love coming to swim so much! This past week I was paired with a little boy named Sage (I thought of you, Kendall Bendall!), and he was so sweet! He was freezing the whole time, so he wouldn't talk to me, but we had fun just cruising around the pool together, just hangin' out! Seeing all those little ones made me feel so grateful for my body and for my health and strength--they are such happy, outgoing people, and I love feeling their joy and having it fill my life with a little piece of their attitude. I hope I can help them a fraction of how much they are going to bless my life!

love,
emily

Comments

Popular Posts