His Grace is Sufficient

"I do not boast in my own strength, nor in my own wisdom; but behold, my joy is full, yea, my heart is brim with joy, and I will rejoice in my God. Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for in his strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise his name forever." -Alma 26:11-12


The month of September was a stressful month for me financially. I had lots of big scary bills, with a very short amount of time to pay them. It scared me. I was terrified, and didn't know if I would be able to pay them. But His grace is sufficient, always. He came to my rescue, just as He always, always, always has.

I needed a pretty large sum of money to pay these bills, and miraculously, He provided a way for me to receive it. I received in grants and scholarships only $2 short of what I desperately needed. Two dollars compared to thousands. Nothing, really. 

To me, it reminded me of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I am imperfect, flawed, and messed-up. I don't have much to offer to the Lord. In this short life, I can really only (symbolically) give $2 of effort. But He can provide the rest, the thousands of other dollars that I lack. Two dollars compared to thousands. Nothing, really.

I am fully dependent on the Lord, Jesus Christ. I rely on His strength, His love, His perfection, His Atonement. It's humbling for me to see a visible representation of His Atonement in my life, and it really hits home for me. It brings me to my knees in humility, love, and tears of gratitude.

Without my Savior, I could not return home to my Heavenly Father. Without my Savior I could not be cleansed from my sins. Without my Savior I could not face the trials and challenge God has called me to bear. Without my Savior, I could not change and grow. Without my Savior, I could not live, now or in eternity. 

So, I will not boast of my own strength, for I know that I am weak, but I will boast of MY GOD, for in HIS STRENGTH I can do all things. 

All things, including paying for school and graduating debt-free.
Including healing the broken heart.
Including healing the broken family.
Including comforting the mourning soul.
Holding the hand of the lonely.
Wiping the tears of the sorrowful.
Providing hope to the hopeless.
I know because I have experience every one of those.


I may only be able to give $2, but He can pay the rest. And I will forever glory in Him, and give thanks. He can do what I cannot, and for that I will forever be grateful and indebted. And, in reality, He gave me even those initial two dollars. He doesn't just make up the difference. . . He makes all the difference.

To those who have lost hope, or those who need a friend, or even those who are feelin' great, the Lord is the answer. His grace is always sufficient. No matter how far you've fallen, no matter how undeserving you feel, no matter how long it has been, His grace is always sufficient.

I am worthy of love.
You are worthy of love.
We are children of GOD, and He loves us.
We are always worthy of HIS CHILDREN'S LOVE.
We are always worthy of HIS LOVE.

Always.

Comments

Popular Posts