Hardships have a way of bringing out the good.



I believe that I have had a very, very good, blessed life thus far. I have also had a decent share of trials, as we all have. But looking back, if I choose to focus on the positive, those trials have actually become blessings in disguise. Looking back on them, I thank God that He loved me enough to put me through that temporary pain. Without that cutting-down and soul-stretching, I would not be who I am today, not even in the slightest.

I won't go into details, but there have been certain changing points in my life, certain highlights in my 20 years of living. And at every point where I became more of the person God has in store, there has always been an accompanying trial that has truly changed my life, my outlook, my opinions, my perceptions. . . to an extent, each trial has essentially help change who I am at my very core.

My friend posted this quote on the web yesterday,
"Not once has things gone the way I had in mind- 
which can be really difficult at times- you have those fleeting thoughts of if God truly cares about you, or if He actually listens to your prayers and knows you- 
but how grateful I am that they did not go the way I had in mind. Because they have been profoundly better. " -Al Fox

I feel the same way. ;)

Comments

Popular Posts