He Answers :)


God answered so many of my prayers today, in little and big ways, in expected ways, and in totally unexpected ways. I would write a novel today on how He answered prayers, but I'll just focus on the two that I found hilarious, proof that God does in fact have a wonderful sense of humor. ;)

It started this morning while sitting in the temple, reading Isaiah 53 as I usually do while waiting in the temple. I had prayed about a situation with a certain individual from my past teenage years that was causing me great anxiety and fear and guilt, and I wasn't sure what to do or feel about it. I just happened to look over at Isaiah 54:4, which states,
"Fear not; for thou shalt not be ashamed; neither be thou confounded; for thou shalt not be put to shame: for thou shalt forget the shame of thy youth, and shalt not remember the reproach of thy widowhood anymore."
Talk about funny, yeah?! I've been laughing all day about it. Also, for those who say God doesn't answer prayers. . . I don't know if I've ever gotten a more direct answer than that right there. :)

Ok, one more funny one. . . Today I had a meeting at 11am, and I left the temple at 10am. In one hour I had to walk home, shower, get ready for the day, and make it on campus to the lab. I was a little nervous that I wouldn't make it on time. I was praying in my heart, "Please, help me find a way home quickly! Please help me find a ride!" As I walked out of the baptistry, the man at the desk pointed at a pair of lost car keys and asked, "Are these yours?" I replied that they weren't. He then said, "Well, do you want the car?" HAHAHAHAHA. I was dying inside, OH the irony! Here I had prayed for a ride home, and some man offers me lost car keys and the car itself. That right there is how I know God has a sense of humor. ;)

I didn't end up finding a ride, but I did make it to the lab on time AND I made a new friend in the process. A girl and I started talking on the walk up the stairs out of the temple and just kept talking until she had to leave on her bike. God may not have answered my prayer in the exact way I wanted or anticipated, but He did provide some humor and a new friend a long the way. :)

Today I had so many prayers answered in addition to these two, all in different ways. God is good.:)

Comments

Popular Posts