be white hot.

I have been thinking a lot about this idea: embracing experiences in life, especially those we'd rather not go through but have the potential to be really good for our growth.

There are two ways we can go through new experiences (and old ones too, I suppose):

1) Grudgingly mope through it.
OR
2) Embrace it wholeheartedly.

If I choose to embrace thr moments and experiences, no matter how uncomfortable they may seem, I am eventually going to find joy, growth, and happiness. Heck, by choosing to embrace it, I am creating my own joy, growth, and happiness. I'd argue that most experiences in life can become more enjoyable with a change in perspective and thought-process.

I write about this because I have a whopper of an experience ahead of me next week: entering the MTC. Yes, I'm excited to teach others in the field, but entering the MTC  feels a little like entering prison (just being honest ;). At first I was a little mopey about it, but as I've pondered it, I've realized that the only thing that will change my perception and experience of this inevitable occurrence is my mindset. So, I'm going to wholeheartedly embrace it! Living in optimism and wonder is the key to experiencing joy regardless of the circumstance. ()

There are so many incredible experiences to be had in life. I'd argue that the absolute BEST are often unplanned and unexpected, so let us all embrace the things life throws at us, and find the INCREDIBLE in the mundane and ordinary! Or, as a friend says, finding magic in the ordinary. ;)

Embrace it! Live it! Love it! By being bitter about change, we are only preventing ourselves from experiencing the greatest growth possible. We are only preventing ourselves from being as happy as we could be.

(I realize there are really, really hard things in life too, and grieving is SO ESSENTIAL to healing, in my opinion.. I guess I'm talking more about embracing change that we wouldn't originally desire, but has the potential to be really good. Other really hard changes definitely take a lot more time and grieving than simply just changing your mindset. lots of love to all who are going through really rough things. )

Comments

Popular Posts