Some flippin' sweet facts that'll make you LOVE YOUR BODY!

Some fun facts about our bodies.... :) :)


1. Our hearts will beat nearly 3 BILLION times over the course of an 80-year life span.
Here's the math:
70 beats per minute X 60 minutes/hour X 24 hours/day = 100,800 beats/day
100,800 beats/day X 365 days/year= 36.8 million beats/year
36.8 million beats/year X  80 years= 2.95 billion beats/80 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And that's not even counting heart acceleration, so if you ever work out in your life, that number will be higher. WHAT THE WHAT?!


2. Our hearts will pump 210 MILLION LITERS of blood over the course of an 80-year life span.


3. Count to 4 out loud.... 1....2....3....4....
In approximately 4 seconds, you will have created 10 MILLION new red blood cells. 

4. One single red blood cell can carry 1 BILLION oxygen molecules. I love my erythrocytes :)


5. You have 60,000 MILES of blood vessels in your body! SIXTY THOUSAND!!!


I'll add more as I come across them, but don't these facts just blow your mind?!?!?!?


GOSH I JUST REALLY LOVE MY BODY! Sure, it's not perfect, and when I went to the doctor today I found out I've gained nearly 10 pounds since the end of high school, but you know what...who cares! I love my body and that's that :)

Comments

Popular Posts