Oh Say Can Ewe Sea...Happy Birthday, America!

Sorry, my daddy has got me writing like an animal. But I love him all the more for it;)



Happy Fourth! I know it's the Fifth, soon to be the Sixth, but I had this post in my head yesterday, so that counts, riight?!
My lovely day started out on the floor...with a bed made of blankets and a pillow to match. Sleep over with 8 of the best people (and dog) ever--my neices, nephew, sister (x2) and BIL (x2)! Oh, and Sunny. Can't forget the pooch.

The best was yet to come...and found us bright and early at the casa de mi papa y stepmama. In my lovely family, we have this annual tradition (hey..two years and still goin stong!) of hoisting the flag and then stuffing our faces. It's great fun, and I love seeing my family. This year, however, was the best yet. My nephew and father put on their scouting uniforms and my brother in law called comands to the amazing, talented, and oh so handsome colorgaurd. It was the best thing ever, and my joy just spilled over into uncontrollable giggling. Definitely not the beeesst time for laughing. After a few unsuccessful minutes I pulled myself together and was able to enjoy the beauty of our amazing country, that allows us to worship freely, to gather and celebrate as a family; we are so blessed to live in this beautiful country--the land of the free, and the home of the brave. I am so grateful that I was born here and have the opportunity to grow here, that I have the opportunity to one day raise my children here (unless we end up in Africa...). Our country is amazing, absolutely phenomenal because of our freedoms and rights to chose for ourselves how we will or won't live. I am so extremely grateful. Happy Birthday, my darling America! I will love you forever and ever.

So, I forgot to tell you! My father, the amazing man he is, typed out a program for our family 4th program.
 It included a welcome by my brother in law (Khoa), a color guard salute by my brother in law (Steve), my father, and nephew (Garrett), and the pledge of allegiance. We continued on with a Declaration of Independence reading, done so graciously by Roberto, another brother in law. Twas amazing!


Of course, food must always follow...and the Birch family knows how to eat. Just sayin'. We had breakfast burritos (heavenly ones, may I add), 5 billion different types of snausages, enough fruit to last til winter...oh, it hurts just thinking about it.

However, a 4th celebration would never be complete without a photo shoot!

Oh how I love my sissies. We're missing 1 sista (and five brothers...), but this will have to do. Note to reader: Jennifer is not wrapped in a flag, it is in fact, a table cloth made into a toga. I think she miight want you all to know that.;) We took about a thousand other poses, but this one definitely has to be my very favorite. By the way...we didn't call eachother or anything, we all just showed up matching. I don't know about you, but I think we're got some telepathy going on. Related? I think so! Go girlies!
Even Sunny got in on the festivities, with her adorable red bandana. She's not pictured, but I couldn't resist telling.


This would be Kendall Bendall. She's pretty much the coolest 6 year old you will ever meet. Ever. I'm going to miss her SOOOO much very soon....but I'll save that for another day :( My face is terrifying, I know, but her's makes up for it, right?!

Anywho, after our celebration of the USA, my sister and I attempted to squeeze in a run. After 2 miles over at the lake, Sunny girl stopped and just sat. She just layed down in the dust and panted. That is soo not Sunny; She sticks it out through our 10 milers, being pulled the last 3, and then wants to play catch and wrestle and go swimming afterwards. So, we were a tad concerned. Into the lake she flew, and I could tell she was feeling somewhat refreshed. Little did we know she would get a tick from that crazy place....I'd never seen (or removed) a tick and I hope I am never blessed with that opportunity again. Scarred for life!

After our run, and horrid War Heads, it was time for a little family Insanity Ab Ripper workout. Ouchy. I'm feeling it in my shoulders today...is that normal?!?! I don't know where that photo got off to...but it was a funny one! Se amo mi familia muy mucho:)

Of course, we ate again, but not until a grueling game of Apples to Apples! And, of, course, Kendall the great won this time. :)

Best of all (I say that about everything, don't I? Darn. Life's too great to choose one best thing)...Fireworks! I just so happened to have 60 glowsticks in my sleepover bag, and we got all decked out. Glasses, necklaces, braces, hula hoops, lassos...the whole shebang, baby! Our view was blocked by a beautiful tree, but it was great just being together. I got to spend time with my 18 year old nephew, and man is he the coolest! I wish I got to see him more, but I get to brag about him alll the time. ;) Love ya Garrett!

I love you, America! Thank you for allowing me to live how I choose, and for allowing me the freedom to worship according to my will. Thank you for allowing me the right to spend time with those I love, to attend school, to love and be loved. Thank you for all that I can do, and all that I take for granted. I am so grateful.

Here's a song for the day: America, by Imagine Dragons. Thank you, Imagine Dragons, for keeping the music clean and inspirational. You guys are the best!



This one's just because I love 'em.
Happy "Fourth" to you all!

Gotta get back to the slumba party before someone loses a eye!
:D
Keep on smiling!

love,
emily

Comments

Popular Posts