Feeling Down?

I was feeling a little down today, just not myself. When I got home, I couldn't take it a second longer. I couldn't take that empty feeling, that feeling when I know something is missing. I did the only thing I know to do: pray. That very second, I felt my Father's arms surround me, and was filled with warmth, with the knowledge that I truly am loved. That feeling alone can ease all my worries, all my doubts, all my insecurities and heartaches. That feeling alone can bring undeniable comfort to my heart and rest to my soul. Without my Father above, I would cease to be who I am; I could never feel the happiness that I do, and I could never feel completely whole inside. I am so grateful to my Father above for His guidance, His mercy, His forgiveness, His devotion, His goodness...and above all, His love. Even after we mess up, even after we stumble and fall, He still welcomes us home with grateful arms and love beyond comparison. My heart was yearning for that love and compassion, and I know so many hearts yearn this very second for the same thing. I know that He will always provide a safe haven for us amongst this crazy, crazy world, and without that knowledge, I could not be. My heart aches for those who seek for the truth yet know not where to look. My prayers go out to them, I am sincerely desire for them to feel the peace and love that we sometimes take for granted.

I hope with all my heart that everyone can one day know what I know, and feel what I feel. It's so easily available, all you have to do is look.





with all the love in my heart,
emily

Comments

  1. Wonderfully written. =)
    Im your new follower. And maybe youll visit me someday.




    thebookness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you my friend! I am honored:) I'll have to check it out! Thanks again! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts