Big Bear!


Yes sir, right now I am up the mountains in the little town of Big Bear. I'm here with my old cross country team, running through the trees and trails..and later we're going swimmin. In the lake! That's one of my most very favorite parts, and yes, I brought my goggles. Time for a little lake exploration, I think so!

The cabins are.. HILARIOUS! I could spend pages describing them, but let's just say they are covered in ancient pine cone wallpaper of every color, faded floral curtains, fake bushes and flowers, and giant embroidered wall hangings with funny moutain themes. I know, my descriptions just blow you out of the water. I'll try and post some pictures, because it's something I hope not to forget! If my house were decorated like this, at least it would ensure we got our daily requirement of laughter!

So, about the running...We're doing two-a-days, which is really great because I've been trying to squeeze 2 runs in per day for most of summer, but with work it just wasn't happening! It definitely helps being up in the beautiful mountains, away from the faster paced Escondido just to relax and run for a few days. It's quite nice! :) I love the mountains, anything nature-y in fact, so I am enjoying myself very much. The beauty of nature blows me away everyday--I am so thankful for this wonderful earth that we have been given, could it be any more lovely?! It's so wonderful to just look around and see trees towering overhead and water nearly everywhere. The views are gorgeous, and it makes the runs even better. I love it! I was wondering how I would do in the altitude (no more trips to the hospital for me!!), but I feel really great, so that is an extra plus. Yippeeeee!

I got to spend about an hour just enjoying the view of the lake yesterday, and it was amazing. I was so happy yesterday, I think I OD'd on happy yesterday, because I was going to BURST! I love those days, they sure seem to come around a lot lately:) As my gratitude and love of the gospel increases even more and more, I just find myself about to explode with joy everyday. I know, sounds crazay, but it's the truth! LOVE IT! :)

I hope you are as happy as I am!

Keep on smiling!

love,
emily

PS: How could this little baby not make you smile? :) He only weighs  150 pounds, that's all..... --------------------------------------------> He's our honored guest up here!

Comments

Popular Posts