Days like Today...

It is such a beautiful day today. It's days like these that help me remember why I love California so much. The day gets warm and toasty, just how I like it, and then the evenings are cool and breezy. I've been very torn lately, about lots of things, and Cali vs. Utah is one of them. I fell in love with Provo in the Spring--it was so gorgeous and I felt so blessed everyday to live there. The Spring was the first time since moving to Utah that I had loved living there, that I had felt at home and that I could raise a family there. It was a very big step for me, considering I thought I would spend my entire life (minus many trips to Africa and South America and India and, and, and...;) in Southern California. But, just like college opened my eyes to many new ideas, Provo opened my eyes to the beauty of places other than my home. Up until last year, I'd spent 15 years of my life in little old Esconghetto, and 18 total in SoCal. Coming home this Summer has been difficult--it just feels so different, less homey and more foreign--but it's days like today that remind me why I love it so much. It days like today, filled with family, that I remember it's not where you live that fills you with joy, but what you make of it.

Comments

  1. I'm glad that you're having fun being at home, but I can't wait until we are both back in Provo :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts