summer 2012 goals.

I have a running list of goals (haha, PUNNY!) that I hope to keep this summer, with the hopes that they become habits for the rest of my life. Here's the list so far:

1) Run at 6 AM every day, for at least 45 minutes
2) Swim 2 times per week for 45 minutes
3) Read my scriptures for 30 minutes every morning (I really want to get into the habit of early morning scripture study!!)
4) Finish the Book of Mormon before returning to school in August (a big feat for me considering it normally takes me many months....the first time took me TWO YEARS!!!), and begin reading the Doctrine and Covenants. Study the conference talks more than I have in the past.
5) Work 30-40 hours per week
6) Write in journal weekly
7) Write 1 blog post every other day
8) Read "Quantum Teaching" (a book by the company that I work for) to help me become a better, more helpful and efficient teacher
9) Save money, spend little (better money management is a big goal for me right now...I'm going to be a coupon clipper ;))
10) Improve sewing abilities
11) Practice the Piano more....I stopped in 9th grade so I could focus on running, but I REALLY wish I hadn't
12) Search for opportunities to serve daily
13) Attend temple twice per month
14) Stop eating gluten so I can figure out if I have an intolerance (much harder than it sounds!!)
15) Continue these goals once school begins again

....and some others, but they're more personal so I'll keep them to myself ;)

It seems like a lot, but they're really just daily goals that I already do, and that I would like to improve upon. So far, I've been staying up on 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 12, and hopefully #13 this Saturday! After my wounds from my "surgery" heal I can start swimming again, so I can keep #2! I wrote these goals here so that I can stay focused on them and be held accountable... I will be keeping these goals! There's no excuse :)

love, emily

Comments

Popular Posts