fourth fun and freedom

Happy Fourth of July! I am so grateful to live in the United States of America, where I have the freedom to choose for myself! I have been thinking a lot about Agency lately, and how important it is in my life. I remember there was a time in my life (I was probably 7 or 8) when I didn't understand why agency was important, but as I get older I realize how essential it is and how grateful I am for it. I think about the Great War in Heaven and how Satan wanted to take away mankind's agency when we came to earth. Christ's plan, however, was the opposite: He wanted to give us all the freedom to choose for ourselves, and because of our agency, He knew we would make mistakes. He knew we would be imperfect, and because of that, He was willing to suffer for our sins and ultimately die for us so that we all could live again in the presence of God after this life. I am so grateful for America--this land of freedom--because it allows me to worship however I choose. I am so grateful for America because it was established upon the idea of freedom, a country like no other. Because it was established upon such ideals, the gospel of Jesus Christ was able to be restored here by a young man named Joseph Smith. I am so grateful to live in this land at this time, and that someday I can raise my children here, instilling in them a love of country, just as my parents have in me.

This morning, we had our annual flag raising ceremony and fourth of july breakfast. It's a Birch tradition and I am so grateful to be a part of it. I didn't have any eye contacts this morning so I was blind for all of the "party"...but I have some now and I am so grateful for the gift of sight. Imagine your life without it...I am so grateful! :)

love, emily

Comments

Popular Posts